arbitrary beam shapes

Gabor
Hi,

I installed the latest version today and wanted to try this feature I've noticed in the change log:
* added the possibility to load a arbitrary beam shapes (e.g. write "file='<file name>'" in beam shape)

I tried:
file='D:\...\ccd_slu.01_154119.data'
"file='D:\...\ccd_slu.01_154119.data'"
and I get an error window: could not load ...

My data is comma separated ASCII array, is it a problem?
Unfortunately the HowToChi2D.pdf is from 2014 and doesn't explain how to use it.

Thank you for this great program!
Gabor

Re: arbitrary beam shapes

tinolang
Administrator
Hi,

could you send me similar file so I can test. I did not checked this feature since a couple of versions, maybe I fixed a bug into the code.

Best,
Tino
Tino Lang

Re: arbitrary beam shapes

Gabor
Hi,

Here you are, thank you in advance.

Gabor

ccd_slu.data

Re: arbitrary beam shapes

tinolang
Administrator
Ok, I see. chi2D is unfortunately not able to calculate in two spatial dimension but in one temporal and only one spatial dimension. That means you can also only load in 1D beam profiles.  the first column will be interpreted as the x coordinate in m and the second column as a normalized intensity distribution.
You can this file: 1D_profile.dat

If you want to simulate with the two spatial dimensions you can use chi3D.

Best Tino
Tino Lang