Settings for the beamshape parameter

HaraldRedlin
In the input pulse definitions for the chi3D object there are the parameters "beamShape_t", "beamShape_x" and "beamShape_y". According to the code generated by chi2D I can put a string or a cell array of string and numerical parameters for the beamShape setting. Which types of beamshape are included in chi3D and what are the according strings and paramters I must set in the input pulse definition?

Re: Settings for the beamshape parameter

tinolang
Administrator
In principle you can load arbitrary pulse and beam shapes, e.g.:

obj.run({'pulse1','BeamProfile',[array of intensity distribution Ixy],'Spectrum',[vector with spectral data],'Phase',[vector with phase data]});

or you can load a complex electrical field in the spectral domain:

obj.run({'field1','Eftfxfy',[complex electrical field Eftfxfy]});

or you can let chi3D create different pulse and beam shapes for you:

obj.run({'pulse1','beamShape_x',{'TEMox' 2},'beamShape_y',{'supergauss' 10},'beamShape_t',{'gauss''});

or

obj({'pulse1','beamShape_x',{'TEMox' 2},'beamShape_y',{'supergauss' 10},'beamShape_t',{'gauss''});
obj.run('pulse1');

please find more details in
obj.beamProp.help
 and