Problem with supergaussian beam profile

Hallberg
Hi!

I've just upgraded from chi2D v. 6.3 to v. 7.8 and noticed that when I enter a supergaussian beam profile (e.g. by entering "6" in the "beam shape" box of the properties section of the GUI) it seems like the program still produces a regular gaussian beam profile. Similar settings with v. 6.3 resulted in what was clearly a flat-top supergaussain. Any advice on dealing with this problem?

Thanks!
/Hallberg

Re: Problem with supergaussian beam profile

tinolang
Administrator
Hi, The difference between the old and the new version is the way to enter the supergaussian order. By changing this in the new version I tried to be consistent to the way it is done for the temporal pulse shape "supergauss=6". So it was meant to be a feature:), unfortunately I forgot to change the help pop-up text. I fixed this in the new version.
You might need to reinstall the chi2D webinstaller, since I used a newer version of th MCR in this version.
You can also try to only start the new version of chi2D.exe first.
Tino Lang